Monday, May 6, 2019

Camino: Los Arcos to Logrono

06/05/19
Today's journey was peppered by lovely medieval towns like Viana & fields of golden wheat. It also marked our move from the Navarre region to Rioja- yes, the wine Rioja. As entry to bigger cities the hike included a long end-of-day concrete slog into bustling Logrono, the capital of the winemaking region. 

The watchword for today was "foot care" as I stopped frequently to tend to tired & potential blister issues (at the insistence of my Danish walking partner.) So far, I've escaped the dreaded painful blisters & hot spots others are experiencing. My secret- overnight slathering of Aquafor in cozy socks.

Logrono was well worth the journey. This cosmopolitan city features Calle Laurel, a long boulevard of cafes & restaurants (reminiscent of the Ramblas). It is locally known as "la senda de los elefantes (the elephant walk) since sampling so much wine in the over 60 establishments may have you walking home on all fours!  Cafes offered lovely house Riojas for 1 euro. I ended up missing dinner this evening, noshing out of groceries from my pack.
30k to Logrono (population 155,000)



I'm glad to be interesting to someone
Pristine Viana

Something for everyone



No comments: